Safe Rider Recognition
Published06/22/2016 by sandiegohog
We want everyone to have fun when we ride, but we are also concerned about your safety. We want to have our riding friends riding with us for a long time. Please help keep safety as the number one goal for our members by helping to recognize those riders who are taking steps to promote safe riding habits. You can (and should) nominate any member who is or has done any of the following:
- Taken steps to improve their safety when riding, for example, participating in a Skilled Riding Course.
- Worked with a new rider to help increase their skill and confidence.
- Acted as a mentor to a new rider.
- Anything, really, that helps make our rides a little safer
This program is for ALL members, not just officers or Road Captains. Anyone who is helping make San Diego HOG a safer chapter needs to be recognized. That's the program. Keep safe riding in mind yourself and be alert to members in group rides to see who you feel might deserve recognition.
- Any San Diego HOG Chapter member in good standing is eligible to receive the Safe Rider Recognition.
- The member must be nominated for this award by another chapter member... no member can nominate him/herself.
- Nominations can be made in writing on the Safe Rider Recognition Form. This does not have to be complicated, just 25 to 50 words explaining why you feel this person is eligible is all that's needed (handwritten is fine, as long as it is legible).
- The completed nomination form should be turned in to the Chapter Safety Officer or any of the Primary Officers (Director, Assistant Director, Treasurer, or Secretary) in person or via e-mail the Safety Officer
- All nominations will be voted on by the Chapter Officers at the monthly officers meeting. Award determination will be made by majority vote.
- If there is a recipient, he or she will be announced at the next general meeting and be awarded the Safe Rider Recognition Award.